Versions of Blend2Learn.org
Starting with Version 2.0, MrBarrette.com has become Blend2Learn.org and has been completely rewritten to take advantage of new coding languages to improve usability and scalability of the platform. This page is meant to document the successive changes of the site.
- MrBarrette.com becomes Blend2Learn.org.
- Course structure reworked.
- Projects now have peer edits.
- Teachers can allow a task to have peer edits.
- Students can send peer edit requests to classmates, teachers, and mentors.
- Peer edits allow students to leave highlighted comments and notify the original sender when complete.
- Projects are now available on MrBarrette.com!
- Teachers can now create projects with benchmarks and tasks which are certifiable.
- Mentors can view students progress and leave comments on benchmarks.
- Teachers can see students progress on each benchmark and see who is certified or needs more work. This is searchable by section.
- Many bug fixes implemented as well.
- Added fill-in-the-blank questions to quizzes.
- Teacher gradebook now sorts students by section and shows students with missing grades.
- Major overhaul of design of site. Much more uniform and fully responsive design.
- Added featured blog posts to highlight exemplary student work.
- Added the ability to post blog prompts for students to respond to.
- Began building online grading for teachers. Read and respond to blog prompts and assign grades from any device, mobile, tablet, or computer.
- Quiz scores now show in alphabetical order and by section. Live updating quiz data now uses Morris.js graphs.
- Notifications are finally here! Get notified when someone requests friendship, accepts your friendship, or comments on your blog post. More notification types coming soon!
- Changed Blog Articles to Blog Posts.
- Updated file storage for easier administrative oversight.
- Full text search on all blogs page.
- Blogs Articles can now have 1 image attached.
- Attendance being tracked and displayed on student dashboard.
- Mentor acounts being formed for non-teachers.
- Search for users implemented on dashboard
- Lots of minor bugs found and squashed
- Tags for Blog Articles and Tag Cloud
- Minor bugs found and squashed during first deployment in the classroom
- WYSIWYG editor for articles, coming soon to forums
- Public calendar showing homework (available when not logged in)
- Styled Activity feed
- New styles for articles
- Quizzes only show for your registered courses
- Teachers can edit grades from gradebook
- Flat UI design
- Fluid layout to fit tablets and mobile devices. (not completed, just beginning)
- Quizzes automatically add grades to gradebook.
- Added Units and Lessons to courses
- Ability for teachers to create quizzes
- Student Quiz scoring implemented
- Added Courses
- New Dashboard for students, teachers, and admin
- Improved security for teacher areas
- Updated profiles
- New landing page for visitors
- Static pages for about, terms, privacy, and versions added
- Added forums with ability to start discussions and provide answers
- Added ability to write blogs and comment
- Added footer with content
- Basic social network with users, friendships, and statuses
- Ability to create personal albums with pictures
- Activity feed showing activity around the site